Thinking About Retirement
Retirement is on the horizon and you are dreaming about all the wonderful things you are going to see and do in your life after work.
Putting the right plans in place while you are still working will give you the comfort of knowing that your future is under control.
We can help you:
- Identify your retirement goals
- Review your income and cashflow requirements
- Identify what assets (house, savings, investments) you have and how much they are worth
- Assess how much super you have and when you can access it
- Find ways to grow your retirement income
- Put plans in place to make your money last in retirement
- Determine when you can apply for the age pension and whether you are likely to be eligible
- Review your estate planning
Transitioning to retirement
You no longer have to retire on the day you turn 65. Using the Transition to retirement strategy, you can ease your way into retirement. This could mean working a bit less and playing more golf or spending more time with the grandkids.
How much money do I need to retire comfortably?
This is the magic question and how much money you need in your retirement nest egg will depend entirely on how you want to live in retirement.
According to the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia’s Retirement Standard 2015, to have a ‘comfortable’ retirement, single people will need $545,000 in retirement savings, and couples will need $640,000.
The Standard is updated four times a year to take into consideration the rising price of items like food and utility bills, as well as changing lifestyle expectations and spending habits. The Standard includes the cost of things such as health, communication, clothing, travel and household goods. To see the latest Standard click here
Please contact Financial Solutions Geraldton on 08 9964 9000 if you would like to discuss preparing for retirement.